What's your video marketing score?
Find out with our Online Video Grader
Stand Out From The Crowd: Make Most of LinkedIn Company’s Profile with Videos
Video makes us stand out of the crowd and be more effective communicators. Skimming through my LinkedIn updates this morning, I noticed that more people starting to share links to videos in their activity stream. Are you doing it as well? If you don’t, you should: it is very simple – just paste the YouTube links into the update field.
What surprises me is that a few of us have actual videos on companies’ product pages or personal profiles.
Are you ready for your LinkedIn video “challenge”? If so, here is a step-by-step explanations on how you can make your product pages and personal page shine.
Adding videos to LinkedIn product pages:
1. Go to your company page and open “Product & Services” tab.
2. If you have not created your company’s product page yet, it is a perfect time to do so. As your progress filling out the, you will see an option to add video about your product or service (Step10). In this step you need to add the title that describes well your video’s content.
3. Add YouTube url for the video your want to feature (Step 11).
And, your video is added to your LinkedIn Page.
Adding videos to Personal Profile:
There are two ways to add videos to your profile but both are utilizing applications – SlideShare or Google Presentation. I am using SlideShare application with my LinkedIn, so I am going to focus on this option (if you need instructions on Google Presentation, here is a good post to read).
- Check that you have SlideShare application added to your LinkedIn
- Chose a presentation (slide) on your SlideShare account that will include a video your want to feature
- Insert a YouTube link of the video in this presentation (slide)
- Publish this presentation on your LinkedIn
Remember that LinkedIn does not offer video hosting - all videos need to be hosted elsewhere. YouTube seems to be the preferred place and the only option for most cases. As you might guess by now adding videos to your LinkedIn page could not be automated. First, you need to have all videos you want to feature on LinkedIn published on your YouTube channel. That should not create much additional work for you though, right? I am sure that your videos ARE on YouTube.
Sunday, 14 March 2010