Have you ever seen an ad that feels very relevant to you? Maybe too relevant? That may be remarketing at work.
By implementing a pixel on a site, marketers can analyze the different channels and paths that users are taking to the site. Then, they’re able to segment this audience based on which pages they visited on the site, or how far a person made it toward a goal before abandoning their session.
Through retargeting, advertisers can ensure they’re reaching an engaged audience — as these consumers have previously viewed or engaged with their advertising or website. Retargeting campaigns are also a great way to extend the success of a traditional awareness campaign by engaging users that were previously exposed to brand video ads.
Below are some additional benefits and strategies related to retargeting campaigns:
- Users will be more responsive to the ads since they have been to the site and know about the brand.
- Advertisers can tailor creative to users’ experiences based on where they left a website — crafting different messages to encourage users to come back and finish the action.
- Advertisers can continue to use this data to promote new products, announcements, and events — as a core audience, these consumers will deliver a high (likely the highest) engagement rates.
At Pixability, we work with our customers to analyze this retargeted audience to develop learnings and insights — and also extend success by building lookalike audiences.
How can marketers get started with remarketing? First, marketers need to implement a pixel on a site — fortunately, it’s a straightforward process, and simple if advertisers have Google Tag Manager installed on their site.
Developing a Remarketing Campaign for YouTube
On YouTube, marketers can target against people who have watched or engaged with brand YouTube videos. To remarket to audiences that visit a brand’s site, or to build lookalike audiences, marketers need to implement a pixel on their site.
Below are some elements that marketers can use to retarget users:
- Viewed any video from a channel
- Viewed certain videos
- Viewed any video (as an ad) from a channel
- Viewed certain videos (as ads)
- Subscribed to a channel
- Visited a channel page
- Liked any video from a channel
- Added any video from a channel to a playlist
- Commented on any video from a channel
- Shared any video from a channel
- Users visited the site
Developing a Retargeting Campaign for Facebook
Advertisers must drop a global Facebook pixel across their site. To track specific actions, discrete event pixels are needed. Retargeting can be a great complement to brand awareness objectives — and in fact, Pixability has helped many marketers successfully execute awareness campaigns on Facebook.
Retargeting based on first party data:
- Website Traffic
- App Activity
- Store visits
- Customer list
- Offline activity
Retargeting based on Facebook activity:
- Lead Form
- Instant Experience
- Instagram business profile
- Facebook Page
Our approach delivers a strategy that is proven to reach and engage your consumers at scale. By implementing an effective retargeting strategy, marketers can be sure they’ll see greater engagement, higher ROI, and most importantly brand loyalty.
Want to learn more about how Pixability’s approach to video delivers results for marketers? Let’s connect to walk through our technology and insights.