According to a recent study conducted by Rocket Fuel, 92% of companies who always sufficiently use data are meeting or exceeding organizational goals. 75% of respondents who use Big Data to drive more than half of their marketing strategies said blah blah blah blah blah.
Have I lost your interest yet? Chances are you began to tune out as soon as you hit the onslaught of rather irrelevant (not to mention boring) facts, figures, and statistics above.
A search for “Big Data” turns up almost two BILLION results on Google. Whether you like it or not, Big Data is here to stay. So, pay attention to these three findings from’s recent study on big data:

  • 40%+ of responding businesses can’t figure out who likes their products
  • 45% are unable to determine why customers like their products
  • 45% are able to pinpoint the right audience… some of the time (a statistic that leaves me wondering who on earth businesses find themselves speaking to the other 55% of the time.)
  • Do we have a Big Data or a larger marketing problem here? Perhaps we have both, and soon they may even become one and the same. The respondents ClickZ references in this cringe-inducing article are some of the very marketers who frequently struggle when it comes to reaching their target audience on today’s most data-driven marketing platform: YouTube. It’s worth looking into.

    We are currently working with a major global brand on the cusp of investing heavily in YouTube for content marketing and YouTube TrueView advertising. As part of Pixability’s work for this brand, we ran our Big Data YouTube software to discover audience characteristics, content assumptions, social sharing trends, and more. When our Big Data insights were compared with legacy market assumptions, the two data sets couldn’t have been more different. This powerhouse brand was about to invest millions in the wrong audience… and the wrong market.

    Pixability works with many global brands and this example is not unique; it’s the norm. YouTube with Big Data not only works, but performs exceedingly well time and time again. We’ve secured ROIs as high as 650% for some of our key customers.
    What kind of ROI can you expect without leveraging the power of Big Data? About the same chance of success as purchasing a winning lottery ticket at your neighborhood corner store. Is that really how you want to manage your brand?