2014 Brand Summit Tackles Content, Advertising, and Brand Performance on YouTube
Boston, MA — YouTube holds tremendous potential for brand marketing, but not enough digital professionals are capitalizing on it. To address that challenge, Pixability today announced ÜberTube 2014 Brand Summit, an opportunity for digital marketing executives to collaborate with their peers and learn how to leverage YouTube for maximum brand impact. Occurring on April 29, 2014 in New York, ÜberTube addresses the unique and exacting requirements of brand CMOs and other digital, social, and media executives. It is timed to provide critical YouTube data and insight to brands making ad allocation decisions for both the TV Upfronts and Digital Newfronts.
“As YouTube now reaches more 18-34 year-olds than any cable TV network in the United States, we’re thrilled that Pixability is helping brands design stronger strategies to participate in the YouTube community,” said Lucas Watson, Vice President of Brand Solutions for Google, which owns YouTube.
With audience numbers skyrocketing, YouTube is now the most influential place where brand conversations and decisions happen. It’s also the world’s second most popular search engine and web property. However, recent quantitative research has shown that many brands and their agencies fail to effectively leverage YouTube’s marketing and advertising capabilities.
“Whether as an ad medium or a free venue for branded content, YouTube is increasingly a marketing channel,” says MediaPost editor at large Bob Garfield, who will keynote ÜberTube. “The question is: how to use YouTube properly? And the answer is: not the way most brands are using it now. It is phenomenal how wasteful and retrograde supposedly sophisticated marketers can be in what should be the new frontier.”
In addition to the keynotes by YouTube and Bob Garfield, ÜberTube will include sessions by NBA-star-turned-agency-exec Jamal Mashburn and digital luminary Jonathan Sackett. These and other leading experts and practitioners will tackle the top YouTube challenges faced by brand executives:
- Content — Content Conundrum: Why Teenagers Making YouTube Videos In Their Bedrooms Have a Bigger Audience Than Brands Do
- Advertising — Media Madness: Why Traditional Ad Techniques Miss the Mark with Digital Audiences on YouTube
- Results — Vanity Vs. Value: Why Data and Measurement Drive Outstanding YouTube Brand Performance and Visibility
“The need for a brand-centric discussion on YouTube strategy and execution was long overdue, so we decided to bring together the top brand marketers on YouTube,” said Bettina Hein, Founder and CEO of Pixability, an inaugural sponsor of ÜberTube. “This summit is about delivering performance and helping the world’s top brands get the most out of their YouTube and Digital Newfronts commitments.”
ÜberTube takes place the morning of April 29, 2014 at the Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel in New York City. Registration and event details can be found at www.ubertubebrandsummit.com.
Brand executives attending ÜberTube should expect to:
- Understand the importance of YouTube data, metrics, and measurement
- Establish ad allocation strategies for YouTube original content, MCNs, and independent producers
- Determine a YouTube strategy before content is produced (versus the opposite)
- Fix a broken YouTube strategy without firing your agency
- Use YouTube to reinvigorate brand social media campaigns
- Figure out why brand content isn’t getting found on YouTube
- Navigate YouTube advertising options
- Integrate YouTube with television campaigns
- Reconcile legacy metrics with new digital media
- Recognize what YouTube can do for brands…and what it can’t
- Leverage independent YouTube producers, while maintaining brand integrity
- Learn why content curation may be as important as content creation
Pixability, Inc. is a big data software company that helps major brands dramatically increase YouTube impact on their target audiences. Pixability’s YouTube technology mines billions of YouTube video views, relevant social communities, search patterns, and competitors’ moves. Major brands use the insights generated by Pixability’s software to hone strategies, optimize channels and content, and execute ad campaigns. Headquartered in Boston with offices in New York and Los Angeles, Pixability drives YouTube performance for brands and boosts campaign and media ROI. For more information, please visit www.pixability.klikz.us.
# # #